Thursday 25 October 2007

Roving canapés


It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. Yes, one of today's bits of business is to choose the menu for the Romantic Novelists' Association Winter Party.

The IMechE at One Birdcage Walk does splendid roving
canapés (so christened because the waiters wander around with trays of nibbles which hopefully won't have disappeared by the time they get to you), so narrowing it down to five hot and five cold takes some doing.

Let's see...
Chilled spears of asparagus and hollandaise shots --- tick
Cocktail Cumberland sausages with cheesy mashed potato dip --- tick
Crispy tempura vegetables with plum sauce --- tick
. . . . .
. . . . .

I should go and talk amongst yourselves if I were you. I may be some time.
.

3 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Ohhhh...

Jan, if you need help choosing - or testing - you know where I am. (Actually, better wait till this lurgy has gone as I don't want to pass it on. But I'll be with you in spirit.)

They all sound scrummy.

Unknown said...

Can't wait :-0

Jan Jones said...

Kate, that is so generous of you. Hope you're feeling better now.

Liz - looking forward to seeing you too!