Friday 5 September 2008

When in, er, Cambridgeshire...

.


Now this really isn't something you see every day. Cyclists, yes. Cambridgeshire is full of cyclists. Cyclists dressed as Roman centurions complete with modern-day steel chariot, no.

So after I'd got over the shock (thinking that maybe he was a miasma brought on by Too Much Rain), I abandoned the washing up and rushed outside with my camera, just in time to see the centurion conferring with his support vehicle and deciding to head back the other way.


Apparently they are riding the length and breadth of the country for various charities, including the East Anglia Children's Hospices.

"But why as a Roman centurion?" I called as they disappeared into the unremitting drizzle.

I think he yelled back that it had seemed like a good idea at the time.

2 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Wow - definitely not any everyday sight :o)

Jan Jones said...

Astonishing, isn't it? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him cycling past the window!