Thursday 21 July 2011

Before the Conference...

Jan Jones with workshoppers
With pre-conference tasks to do, I went to Caerleon in advance of the main RNA crowd. While there, fellow organiser Roger Sanderson and I gave a talk at beautiful Brynglas House in Newport on "Writing Romance".


Entrance Hall


This elegant building, built in 1852 and now a community learning and library centre, has been lovingly restored and is a wonderful local facility. We were very flattered to be one of the inaugural events.

The talk went well - but I was mostly blown away by the architecture. Why don't I have a house like this?

Or a fireplace like this?







[If you are wondering why there are no photos of the front of the building, it's because it was raining. Well, we were in Wales.]
.

1 comment:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It was raining when I went there for the Writer's Holiday a couple of years ago too, but I did have a great time.

Sorry to have missed the RNA Conference. Roll on Penrith!