Saturday 21 March 2015

World Poetry Day 2015

.
A poem for World Poetry Day, because time itself might be infinite, but ours really isn't.

Hope you enjoy.



Keeper  by  Jan Jones

Spinning quietly through the country
Sunlit lanes when we least expect them
Stopping for a time-slipped hour to
wander a ruined mill and picture the
men and boys all now gone

And I think, one day we too will be gone
and panic stirs in me and I bin the
diary and the calendar
and I disconnect my computer
and I turn off my phone
and I reclaim this one day for us
just us

To keep in my memory

Just because

.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bailey said...

That's lovely, Jan. Really enjoyed it. The sentiment is wonderful.

Jan Jones said...

Thank you, Liz! Glad you liked it x

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.